Monday, October 19, 2009

the rest

so last week was my birthday and dave spent forever researching and making homemade sprinkles cupcakes. apparently the owner of the cupcake place went on martha stewart and gave 2 of her recipes out. peanut butter chocolate chip and strawberry. he spent all night the night before making them and when i walked in the door was SO excited to show me. they were DELICIOUS!!!



Then, on my birthday, i took off with erin to meet up with the choplettes up in san jose. what a great weekend of time with some incredible girls. we went to the california academy of science, walked across the golden gate bridge, and ate chowder at pier 39. so refreshing to spend time with these girls who have been such an important part of my life. it was a short weekend and was super sad to be away from dave, but he and i are going to celebrate my birthday this weekend.

here are some pictures from the weekend.

8 comments:

Natalie and Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Kim and your husband. Looks like you really had a great birthday. What fun adventures! California sounds like a fun place to live. Live it up!

Shauna said...

wow you guys seem like you're always doing or seeing fun things. That's awesome! Want to trade me places for a few weeks and you can take care of my kids? I'm glad you are loving life!

chip and bex said...

i get a dreamy feeling inside when i look at these pictures!

it was so fun to see you! And thanks to david (and you) for sharing you on your birthday!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Happy Birthday - I heart SF, too! Beautiful pics of the bridge...glad you had such a fun time!

Rachelle said...

Happy belated birthday Kim! Jeremy, Olivia and I were out in California visiting my family for a week. I wish I would have known you would be in the area, I would have made you stop by and visit, if only for a couple of minutes! Looks like you had a wonderful time. I had my first Sprinkles cupcakes just a couple of days ago - they were fabulous. Good job Dave!

It's a Boy!!! said...

Happy Birthday! Your Choplettes reunion pictures fueled a discussion in our house of all our fun memories with you and Roman Gardens.

It's a Boy!!! said...

Damon has requested only boys. He thinks girls become spoiled brats too easily and so he has vowed that even if his daughter hates him always, he would be mean enough to her that she would be nice to everyone else! LOL. So thus, he hopes we only have boys. Typical Damon, huh?

Kurt Keyser said...

Ok, so you were with friends, so we understand. But let's be clear here. if you *EVER* come back to SF without stopping in to at least say "hi" to us, you're fired as my friend.