Friday, October 30, 2009

one final festivity...



holy smokes. so one more thing. dave suprised me last week since i was out of town for my birthday by taking me to vegas for the cirque du soleil show "O." OH. MY. AMAZING! it was incredible. it's a water show and has a stage that comes up and down out of the water so one minute someone is diving in from incredible heights, and the next, someone is running across stage covered in fire. if you've never heard of or seen a cirque, i highly recommend it. this one may have spoiled me though. definitely the best i have seen. i had been dying to see it and now i know why. i love the cirque and this was such a great way to celebrate. all dave told me was that we were going "north-east." i had no idea what he meant. i kept thinking we were going to victorville or something "fun" like that. haha. so we drove up in the morning, hung out in vegas for a few,
saw the show,
ATE CAFE RIO. (oh man...funniest story. cafe rio in vegas closes at 10. we got there at 10. dave runs to the door and it is locked, but out walks a family. being the polite gentleman that he is, he holds the door for all of them and then walks inside. he was so embarrassed...but so proud that he was able to get me cafe rio.) and then drove home. it was a blast. i just loved that dave knew exactly what i needed for my birthday this year. 8 hours in the car with just him. :) for reals! we had such a great time. i love spending time with him. with school and all the other craziness, sometimes i feel like we hardly see eachother, so it was such a great adventure. at the end of it all he just looked at me and said "yeah, don't think i'll ever be able to top this." and i totally agreed. haha. i just love and adore him more than i ever thought possible and am SO grateful for the adventures we have together.


5 comments:

Dallas and Kirsten said...

What a sweetheart! Maybe I should have Dallas call Dave for some fun ideas :) I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! We are spending a week in San Diego in December, so we'll have to hang out! Love you!

Sugufam said...

The best for the best. Im happy to know he thinks your as special as I think you are.

Carol Joy said...

Kim, that's so awesomely great! Definitely was a perfect birthday! Love you girl!!

Unknown said...

Ahhh. Happy birthday. What an awesome man... I get excited just to go to 7-11 together. hahaha

Kaci said...

Sounds like a blast! The part that I'm most jealous about is the Cafe Rio. I'm not hungry right now, but there's always room for delicious Cafe Rio.