Sunday, October 17, 2010

a little bit humorous...

so i decided that this little girl loves her mom. :) for my birthday, she gave me the BEST present! she slept 6 and a half hours straight...woke up to eat... and then slept for another 4 hours. Granted, she has been a GREAT night sleeper (usually two 4 or 5 hour stretches) and regularly goes 2 and a half to 3 hours between eating in the day...but this was a HUGE stretch! i was so excited! i love my sleep! but the best part of the story was that when she DID wake up to eat, i changed her poopy diaper. just as i snapped up the last snap on her onesie and pulled her nightgown down over her cute little feetsies, her face turned bright red and she pooped again. i just started to laugh so hard and i changed her again.
It just made me realize how grateful I am that she's sleeping for me. I know we'll have hiccups in the road, but i loved that i could laugh at her being so wasteful of diapers and my sleeptime at 4am. :) I am grateful that I can really enjoy this stage of her life because i'm not exhausted. Don't worry, I'm plenty tired, but not like i expected to be. I'm just loving this little girl and all that it means to be her mom!

3 comments:

Carol Joy said...

Lol. Love this. Too cute.

Lissy said...

You were born to be a great mama! So cute to finally see your little lady - what a doll! :)

Jai'lani Boshard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.