Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a few thiNgs...

just a few thoughts i am having and thus am gonna share...

first, i am so grateful for the relationship i have had with my grandma. she just passed away this week and i am so grateful for the incredible times we have had together, even the times we have fought like 2 teenagers... she has shaped so much of who i am today. i love so many things because she has shared her love of them with me. cooking, the 4th of july, being a wife, old jewelry (i STILL get compliments on some of her thrift store picks), the list goes on... i'm so grateful for those things and those memories. i'm so grateful i get to keep those memories even with her gone. i'm also grateful that dave got to meet her before she got so sick. she loves him and that means a lot to me. i'm sad my kids won't get to play with her here and all of the thrift shop toys she often brought home, but SO glad to know they get to know her on the other side. i sure will miss her. i'm so grateful to know she can be with grandpa forever. that amazes me.

second, i'm so grateful for the relationhip i have with my husband. we saw UP this weekend (HIGHLY reccommend it...) and i just couldn't stop crying. i am so glad to have every minute we have together. he is my best friend and makes me the best person i could be. every experience we have together reminds me that i am the luckiest girl in the world. and i love that he is mine forever. i love that our lives are now for each other come what may. and that every experience can be an adventure that teaches us something new. when we got married, i thought i loved him...but i realize now i had no idea how much i could love him. and i can't even imagine how i'll feel in 10 years and beyond.
yeah...i guess it's kinda weirdy to put those things on a blog, especially since neither of them will ever read this and its so not like me to get all emotional on here, but...too late for that now...

5 comments:

Erin Hoy said...

I LOVED THIS BLOG! Didn't make me want to barf in my mouth liks some blogs either! :) Your grandmother sounds amazing and I'm glad that she is with your grandpa. That must have been a great reunion!

I'm glad that you love your husband :) Usually makes marriage a little bit sweeter!

Andrea said...

i am so sorry about your grandma. . .
and i LOVE that you talk about you and the things that you are feeling.
I love you! i love your blog! i love that you are happy! and i miss you!
that is all.

Unknown said...

Oh Kim, I love your grandma and miss her. Maybe it was her made me open your blog today. Sweet memories come back and warms me up. We are here for remind and remember the love each other forever. I love your family.

Camille Anderson said...

You are the cutest! This post makes me happy. I am so happy we found each others blogs!

Unknown said...

Hey... there. Are you guys enjoying all the sugu kiddos? And I am also so glad that you love your hubby. It would be horrible if you didn't. hahaha. You guys are so funny (complete opposites but perfect for each other). I love it!